Quotations of the Week

Careful. We don't want to learn from this
Calvin and Hobbes

Seeing ourselves as others see us would probably confirm our worst suspicions about them.
Franklin P. Adams

Nver discourage anyone... who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
Plato

We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything.
thomas A. Edison

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.
Calvin and Hobbes

Some days even my luck rocketship underpants won't help
Calvin and Hobbes




Scanning vs. Seeking - how we view content - a visual example

Dictionary.com Word of the Day

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wanderings

While wandering online (too tired to surf) I came across this and it made me chuckle.
The User Is Not Broken: A meme masquerading as a manifesto. Some of you have probably read it. I haven't.

I don't know about some of you but I am starting to feel like blogs are like a long standing soap opera/television series that if you haven't been watching for awhile or started with it from the beginning, you are hopelessly lost. Reminds me of the Twin Peaks day... never did understand that show and all I did was not see the first episode.

1 comment:

K.G. Schneider said...

That is an excellent reminder to those of us who have been blogging a while to remember our newer readers. I know exactly what you mean... Deadwood is another series that since I tried to start in the middle all I remember is some guys in cowboy get-ups talking in Shakespearean English. Just baffling.

Welcome to the biblioblogosphere!