Quotations of the Week

Careful. We don't want to learn from this
Calvin and Hobbes

Seeing ourselves as others see us would probably confirm our worst suspicions about them.
Franklin P. Adams

Nver discourage anyone... who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
Plato

We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything.
thomas A. Edison

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.
Calvin and Hobbes

Some days even my luck rocketship underpants won't help
Calvin and Hobbes




Scanning vs. Seeking - how we view content - a visual example

Dictionary.com Word of the Day

Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm in trouble with this one

Okay, I have to say, I am excited and terrified with multimedia sharing. I am excited because I see a lot of possibilities with what I am doing in courses currently and how easily I could use a program like jumpcut (if I actually had permission to access the site in my lab) I am also terrified with multimedia sharing foremost because I can see myself getting caught with playing way too much and having fun that I will never get anything done. I am already having a hard enough time not getting pulled to the side as I look for things online and finding something unrelated that grabs my attention. How am I going to survive a program that encourages me to easily incorporate images, music, audio and video recordings. Not only do I have access to my own files but those files that are public.

1 comment:

Val Martineau said...

Hi Elisa:
There's certainly a lot of opportunity to play but I think that would be part of the learning and creative process for the kids.
Finding the guidelines that fit each of our own comfort zones is the challenging part,and as you mention, gettin on to the site. We are lucky in elementary, we don't have as many roadblocks.

I like the collaborative value voicethreads offer and you are right jumpcuts would be great for HighSchool.

Did you get lots of snow today? We did at Gab.
Cheers
Val